Friday, October 12, 2012

Stranger in a Strange Land.


I am a stranger in a strange land.  When alone, I live in the sky.  I live amongst ideals, the forms that are Reality.  For me, The Good is all that is Real.  What else is there but these beautiful, lofty things?

Sometimes, I have to descend from my lofty home, and live upon the ground with the rest.  When I look at their world, I see nothing but mirrors and shadows.  They live with mere symbols of that which I find so dear.  They seem to me to be so lost, so blinded by illusion.  I feel empty in their world.  Their symbols are empty.  Their existence relies on fleeting pleasures and on fleeting experiences.  Where is Reality here?  Where is the Eternal?

Once in a while, I find someone who I think will be able to join me in my natural altitude.  I cling to her, even idolize her, until she herself has become an object lofty and beautiful.  However, she joins me in Form only.  Then the earthly reality sets in.  I discover that she is not able to come with me, and that if I were to be with her that I must descend indefinitely and make my home on the base ground.

And thus, I ascend back to my fortress in the sky--alone.

It is a lonely life with only clouds as companions.

No comments:

Post a Comment