Tuesday, November 20, 2012

A Clean Room.


I cleaned my dorm room today.  After 2 good weeks of chaos, my shoes are once again neatly lined up in their proper places, my desk is free of clutter and old assignments, and my dishes are clean.

There is a certain sense of empowerment that comes from seeing a room in order.

I've lived according to "nature's course" for long enough.  It's time to accept the other side of my nature--that of the social.  Living a natural life provides a nice respite from the human world, but as a human being, I must return to civilized life.  It would be against my own nature to remain a hermit forever.  I must descend from my lofty mountain abode and return to the land of the fallible.  I must clean up my house so that others will feel comfortable visiting.

It is part of man's nature to go against nature's course.  It is part of my nature to clean my room.

1 comment: